Connect with Us
Join our Email List
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
View our profile on Linked In
When Dress for Success® was founded in New York City in 1997, the organization set out to address the catch-22 that confronts disadvantaged women trying to enter the workforce: "Without a job, how can you afford a suit? But without a suit, how can you get a job?" Dress for Success quickly became well known for providing suits to disadvantaged women returning to or entering the workforce. Which, in turn, has enabled the worldwide charity to suit more than 850,000 women in nearly 150 locations across the world. As the organization has grown, so too has our ability to serve the total needs of our clients.
Founded in 2009, Dress for Success Southern Nevada's mission is to empower women in the Las Vegas valley to achieve economic independence by providing professional attire, a network of support, and career development tools to help them thrive in work and in life.
Worldwide, the Women we serve
- Are referred to Dress for Success by more than 3,000 non-profit organizations worldwide, including dozens of organizations in Southern Nevada, such as domestic violence agencies, homeless shelters, schools and job-training programs
- Lived under the poverty level prior to coming to Dress for Success
- Represent all ethnicities and races
In Southern Nevada
- Our clients range in age from 16-60; approximately 29 percent of the women we serve are aged 31-40; the combined ages of 25-50 comprises about 67 percent of our clients.
- Are single mothers (53%), raising, on average, 2-3 children
- We suit about 20 clients a week in the boutique (as of May 2015)
How We Work
- Dress for Success Southern Nevada provides professional clothing and counseling for each of our women. When a client secures a job interview, we provide her with one free business suit, as well as the appropriate accessories, footwear, and cosmetic/toiletry items. When she successfully lands the job, she returns to Dress for Success for up to one week's worth of business attire.
- In addition to suiting, Dress for Success offers women a number of programs to help them find and retain employment. Dress for Success serves job-ready women by referral only.